Our focus is on you. We want you to feel good, look great and see clearly with your new eyewear.
We strive to offer our customers a wide choice, by stocking the latest trends in frames. We source frames that are different and unique, including the latest light weight designs from Europe. We are a local and independently owned practice, having served the Samford community from 2003, with owner Kellie and receptionist Maria, working in the practice to ensure a professional and personal experience every time. As an Australian owned business, we use Australian companies for our products and services, ensuring our business supports the Australian economy rather than supporting an offshore parent company.
We love to help with frame selection, and to give you the best lens recommendations that suit your prescription and lifestyle. We have a large range of designer brands which we update regularly ensuring you the latest selection in colour and design. We are all about providing you with the best quality product, value for money and the best advice.
Health fund claims for eyewear
Emphasis on Eyecare is an approved eyewear provider for all the major health funds. We offer convenient on the spot claiming through HICAPS. Call 3289 6733, email or drop in to ask about your annual health fund entitlements. Ask us about our glasses.
Bulk billing for over 65s and veterans
Comprehensive eye examinations are bulk billed for over 65s to Medicare or Veteran Affairs for gold card holders
Shop 8, Samford Central Shopping Centre,
(next to the Foot Health Clinic)
Corner Mt Glorious Road
& Mary Ring Drive,
Samford Qld 4520
|Monday||9.00 - 5.00|
|Tuesday||9.00 - 5.00|
|Thursday||9.00 - 5.00|
|Friday||9.00 - 5.00|
After hours appointments available by arrangement.
Regular eye examination is important for your entire family and not only when vision is changing.
Regular eye tests are recommended:
- every 3 years for people under 65 years
- annually for people 65 and over
If you notice any of the following symptoms in yourself or family members, please contact our office to arrange a vision assessment:
- Headaches, nausea or dizziness after visual concentration
- Blurred or double vision at any time
- Blinking or eye rubbing after visual concentration
- Dislike or avoidance of close work
- Placing head close to reading material when reading or writing
- Squinting while looking at the TV, blackboard or driving
- Poor night vision
- Difficulty reading small print
- Difficulty changing focus from far to near
Make an eye test appointment today on 3289 6733.
- Thorough eye examinations using up-to-date equipment
- Investigation of reduced eyesight
- Investigation of headaches
- Treatment of dry eyes or watery eyes
- Children’s eye examinations
- Diabetic detection and eye examinations
- Hypertension detection
- Cataract detection
- Glaucoma detection
- Macula degeneration detection
- Computerised visual field assessment
- Digital retinal photography
- Vision assessment for Queensland Driver’s License renewal
- Colour vision assessment
- Safety spectacles
- Contact lens assessments, fitting and ongoing care
- Consultations and referrals to eye specialists
- Consultations and referrals for laser corrective eye surgery as well as pre operative and post operative care
We capture instant images of the retina to monitor the optic nerve, retina and macula. This is a free service provided during a comprehensive eye examination at Emphasis on Eyecare.
Designer frames and latest lenses
Lenses are more than a simple piece of plastic. Research and development over time has provided us with a wide range of new technology lenses, coatings and designs. As an independent practice, we have access to all brands and designs, which means we can always match the lens best suited to your needs.
We stock a wide variety of frames at a range of affordable prices. Designer brands we stock include:
Designer and prescription sunglasses
Our large range of designer sunglasses can be made to correct your vision with prescription lenses. Ask us about prescription sunglasses, including Maui Jims, Oroton and Ray Ban sunglasses. We can tint your lenses in a variety of shades and polarised lenses can filter reflected glare from surfaces like water, sand and windscreens.
Call 3289 6733 or drop in to see our range.
Contact lenses provide a great alternative choice to wearing glasses. They are an ideal way to create a new look for work or play. They are useful for sport to maximise your field of view and give you the freedom from wearing a frame whilst moving about. New lens designs provide greater comfort, clarity and affordability than ever before. They are available in a large range of prescriptions and now also come in multifocal designs, for those of us that need both distance and near prescriptions.
We’ll complete a contact lens assessment which will help our optometrist to discuss the best alternatives for you and can also show you how to maintain your contact lenses and ensure you maintain optimal eye health.
Call 3289 6733 to re-order your contact lenses or book an appointment.
Caring for your eyes
There are a number of things you can do to look after your eyes. These include:
- Regular eye examinations.
- Prevention and early detection can often lead to better outcomes for your eye health.
- Wearing sunglasses when outdoors. UV radiation has been shown to cause skin cancer, cataract and growths on the eye. Strong UV exposure can also cause “sunburnt eyes” causing a gritty sensation. Many medications can also increase a person’s sensitivity to UV damage.
- Eat a healthy diet with plenty of water. Antioxidants and omega oils are beneficial in reducing the incidence of dry eyes and macular degeneration.
Shop 8, Samford Central Shopping Centre, Corner Mt Glorious Road & Mary Ring Drive, Samford Qld 4520